Wednesday, January 20, 2016

On Giving Up On People

I'm not the type to easily give up on people. No matter how many times they hurt me or screw me over, I still think about all the good they have in them. As a person, I believe that everyone is good. I once watched this debate whether or not people are good or bad in nature. I believe that everyone can do bad things. Adam and Eve proved that. But for every Adam and Eve out there, there's a Mother Theresa. Okay not exactly the perfect metaphor but you get it right?

People, for me, are naturally good. 

Since I believe that people are naturally good,  it's in my nature to trust and to hold on to people. That no matter what they do, no matter how bad things get, I am inclined to believe that they will come through, eventually. 

So when I give up on you, know that it took everything in my power to do that. When I give up on people, it means I'm done with them for life. 

I'm the type to give a person hundreds of chances to change what needs to be changed. I'm the type to bend over backwards forgiving people who doesn't deserve to be forgiven yet I still want them in my life. I'm the type of person who would rather forgive than poison myself with anger and bitterness.

But I'm also the type who gets easily tired of bullshitry and assholeyness.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your blog url here!
I'd love to read your blog! :)