Wednesday, February 27, 2013

FW: Stop Think (2)

  "WTF happened to you?! You look like you just got out of bed and by bed I meant haystack. What happened?"
  The thing that I really hate the most about breakups: THE POST BREAKUP PART. Sure the breakup per se already sucks but what happens after is what's excruciating. The part where every thing reminds you of him. The part where you get bitter, sad and happy (sometimes). And most especially, the part where every single one of your closest (and mutual) friends tries to get your side of the story and asks you the most dreaded question next to "Are you okay?": the "WTF Happened" question, perfectly executed by my most honest and borderline rude (but means well) best friend, Chelsea. The girl I can count on to give me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear. I told her everything that happened.
That I decided to end things with Luke.
After a month of debating with myself whether I still need/want him in my life or not, I ended up with a list of Pros and Cons. Typical me, taking matters in my own hands, with a trusty Pilot pen and a legal pad.
  "The Lucas Pros and Cons".
Pros: I'm comfortable with him.
Cons: He makes me feel unwanted most of the time.
Pros: He loves me
Cons: ...but not enough to let the world know we're together.
And the list went on and on, ending with the Cons burying the Pros to death. Wow, now that's a legit proof that we really are were, damn, I really need to start "past-tense-ing" everything a fucked up pair.
I showed Chelsea my "Lucas Pros and Cons" list and instead of comforting me, she just LOL-ed. The kind of LOL that makes you wanna join in. And I did.
"Seriously, Sam, I love you, but your lists are making me crazy. You're the only person I know who does this. 'He smokes way too much leaving my hair smell yucky and dry'? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
"Well, I'm one of a kind." I snatched the legal pad from her.
As much as I want to hate her for making fun of me, I can't. This is good, I'm distracting her from asking questions. And then, as if on cue, Chelsa asked.
"Sooooooo what are you planning to do?"
Shoot. Oh you know, typical weeping whilst watching the Notebook with a huge tub of Baskin Robbins, normal stuff really.
"Nothing. I don't even know what to do."
"Oh come on! I've been waiting for this!! You know how much I hate Luke for you right?"
"Well, you never really sugar-coated your hatred towards him, but go on."
"Now that you are Lucas-free, it's time to get you some fun!" Lucas-free. She said it like he was a disease or something. Was he really that bad for me?!
"Oh wait. No, no, no, no, no! Your version of Fun is way too much for----"
"There's this new club opening tonight. I got free passes and you should totally come."
"Is that necessary? I mean I'm fine, really."
"Oh really? Then why are your eyes puffy and your face blotchy? Come on, ending that 2-year relationship hurts. Don't try and hide it, honey."
"I'm not hiding it. I really am fine. You know how much I hate clubs."
"No, I don't. You just hate clubs because Luke hates it. You love to dance. You love booze. Remember that night we went out and you knocked down a whole bottle of Jack and went crazy dancing on a few table tops? I miss that version of you!"
         True, ever since she and Luke became a couple, she had always been on her best behavior. You know, the goody good girl every guy wants to take home to Mommy. The kind of girl that never smokes and never passes out at clubs. She wanted to be the perfect girl for him.. but he never did took her home to meet his Mommy.
As I spaced out a little bit, Chelsea already made a few phone calls, making it harder for me to say no to her invite.
"There, I already called the gang. And you can't say no! They miss you, Sam. I know you don't see it nor feel it, but they do. They, WE, miss you. Ever since you started hanging out 24/7 with Luke, we hardly see you. Please come tonight, please please please!! We miss the fun, care-free version of you, Sam. Every time we see you, it's mostly because you had a bad day cause of Luke and we hate that version of you, seriously. Please come with us tonight, pleaaaaaaaase." 
The puppy eyes. Chelsea made the puppy eyes. Damn, how can I ever say no that?!
"Fine!!! Just don't get me wasted okay?"
"Yay! I love you!!!!!!! Can't wait! Ahhh! Tonight's gonna be such an AWESOME night!!!!"
         Knowing Chelsea, awesome is always an understatement. 
(To be continued)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your blog url here!
I'd love to read your blog! :)