Thursday, December 27, 2012

Of Frappes and Future

Currently sipping my cream based Caramel frappuccino, I can't help but ponder about how 2012 flew so fast. As I sip and turn page after page of my overly abused BDJ planner, I can't help but think.... holy fck I passed Stat and HBO this year. 

THIS YEAR!

It feels like years ago, since I last sat at my usual seat in GS-305, and listened to a TQM lecture. It feels like years ago since I took that dreaded, make-it-or-break-it Stat exam, scheduled the same day as my birthday. Hell, it feels like years ago since I last took a quiz/midterm exam/final exam and pass it! It feels like years ago since our "favorite" (insert sarcasm here) professor, Sir Soriano, last wrote that tagalog word (in bloody red ink!!) I accidentally said on my skinny arms. It feels like years ago since I choreographed that last class dance number on our Humanities presentation.

It all feels like years ago. Like it was a different chapter of a my life. A student. And surprisingly (I still can't believe I'm saying this) I miss it.

I miss all the mundane noise on our classroom, the petty fights, the "HOY 1N WAIT LANG" my friend/our class president would always say before class ends, the nonsensical chitchats my friends and I would have whenever the Professor's out. And yes, even the mind-boggling Thesis-ing and Feasibility study.
 
I miss my friends, the DUDES, who's been there for me through all the ups and downs I had. I miss the cheap dates Boyfriend and I used to go to, for almost everyday when I was still a Nagtahan kiddo. I miss our ice cream dates, I miss how he'd always wait for me since my class usually ends around 6PM. 

I miss hanging out at the faculty room, chitchatting with our dearest professors. I miss the Execom bonding, the laugh/food trips, the kwentos. I miss the emergency meetings, working overnight for an event. I miss the tours, the places we all get to see since it's a course requirement. 

I miss all of it. I miss being a student.

Well, technically, I still am. But this last semester is for our on-the-job trainig. And the more time I spend being a trainee, the more I realize how much I want to be a student; how much I want to be in my comfort zone. 

Or maybe, just maybe, the future scares me just as much as it excites me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your blog url here!
I'd love to read your blog! :)